Fondation Internationale for the mastery of techniques and technologies in
the development and promotion of the know-how of enterprises.
The Fondation (FIP) is :
• An international network of skilled and competent people at the service of actions geared towards general interest
• An all-time commitment on a non profit-making basis
• A self-financing concept of actions geared towards general interest. Any technical profit must be reinvested in actions pursuing the same objectives.
• An inalienable share capital made up of donations.
The Fondation was set up following a Cooperation Agreeemnt signed with the Government of Cameroon on 2nd April 1993.
The Fondation mobilises multiple contributions based on the actions agreed upon by its Council or based on partners’ mandate.
The Fondation gets involved in the following areas:
• Promotion of enterprises, namely big Exhibitions;
• Regional integration;
• Corporate Government (good governance in the private sector);
• Support to the promotion of SMEs/SMIs and Handicraft ;
• Economic solidarity actions through citizen-oriented support to private and institutional sectors, namely SMEs/SMIs;
• Technical and technological support-consultancy in areas such as maintenance, renewable sources of energy, environment.
• Actions geared towards vocational further training for senior staff.
NB : For each objective, the Fondation sets up a specialized international team comprising the best committed professionals, both at the national and international levels.
Examples of actions carried out
Many feasibility studies in the field of agrofood industries.
Assessment of job creation opportunities in the rural and urban informal sector in Cameroon (World Bank – Cameroon’s National Employment Fund).
Assessment of the opportunity for exchanges of fruits and vegetables within and outside the Central African Region (Coleacp – European Union).
Problems and inventory of the constaints to the development of exchanges of horticultural products from West and Central Africa at the regional and international levels (Coleacp – European Union).
Study of the concept of regional integration in Central Africa and drawing up of a communication plan for the Central African Economic and Monetary Community (CEMAC) with the support of the Agence Française de Développement (AFD).
Mandate to plan and organize the 1999 CEMAC Days at the Yaounde Conference Centre.
Mandate given by Cameroonian Authorities to plan and organize PROMOTE 2002, the First Exhibition for Enterprises, at the Yaounde Conference Centre, with 748 exhibitors (537 from Cameroon, 211 from 15 countries and 70'000 visitors)
Mandate given by Cameroonian Authorities to plan and organize the second edition, PROMOTE 2005, attended by 937 exhibitors (732 from Cameroon and 205 from 19 countries and 80,000 visitors).
Mandate given by Cameroonian Authorities to plan and organize the third edition of the International Exhibition for Enterprises, PROMOTE 2008, at the Yaounde Conference Centre, with 1048 exhibitors (789 from Cameroon, 259 from 29 countries and 111 687 visitors).
Mandate given by Cameroonian Authorities to prepare the fourth edition of the International Exhibition for Enterprises, SMEs and Partenerships, PROMOTE 2011 at the Yaoundé Conference Center from 3 - 11 december 2011